You can uninstall the LimaCharlie sensor from a Windows endpoint by running the LimaCharlie sensor installer executable with the
-c argument. This will remove the sensor service, executable, configuration, and other files from disk.
1. Download the appropriate LimaCharlie sensor installer using our installer download links.
2. Open a command prompt window, ensuring that you use the `Run as administrator` option.
3. Run the installer with the
Manually verify uninstallation
After uninstallation the sensor should no longer appear as being Online in the LimaCharlie web interface. You can verify successful uninstallation on the endpoint itself by taking the actions below.
Check the list of services
1. Open Task Manager (press CTRL-ALT-DEL then choose Task Manager)
2. Click Services
3. Look for the service named
rphcpsvc with description
If you do not see the service in the list, it has likely already been removed as a result of a previous uninstall attempt.
Check for files on disk
Please manually check if these files exist on disk:
It is expected that uninstallation removes files from the above locations.
Users most often see issues with uninstallation if they do not open the command prompt window with the `Run as administrator` option.